We are growing! PFCU is looking for a Universal Employee for our Lake Odessa branch location!
To assist the credit union in achieving its mission statement: Local people dedicated to hometown service one member at a time, anytime. To accept personal responsibility and accountability for every member contact and take personal ownership of all situations presented. Including; actively seek out opportunities to grow membership and loans at PFCU. To perform duties of a Teller and Loan/Member Service Pro.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for all PFCU Tellers:
- Build relationships, be dependable, demonstrate initiative, responsibility, integrity, professionalism and take responsibility to see that all tasks are done correctly. Handle situations with confidence, knowledge and creativity; seek guidance from supervisor when necessary.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner, providing prompt, accurate and efficient member transactions.
- Run transactions using cash and checks; deposits, withdrawals, transfers funds, makes payments and disburses funds. Provide members with account status, including current balances. Understand and complete appropriate forms needed to assist member. Secure your assigned cash and checks, including bottom drawers. Maintain and balance a cash drawer / TCR. Able to find errors with minimal help beyond introductory period.
- Verify member ID; examine checks for endorsement and negotiability. Detect and resolve discrepancies promptly.
- Able and willing to help with daily duties; including but not limited to Check 21, scanning, balancing gift and pre-paid cards, processing of mail deposits, Night Drop deposits, rolling coin and stocking supplies; remembering that your primary purpose is to serve the member.
- Maintains transactions average, overs/shorts, voids/adjustments at a satisfactory or greater level.
- Use necessary formats to effectively communicate with members and coworkers. Promptly respond to all forms of communication including emails and voicemail.
- Maintain an up-to-date comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services. Promote, explain and cross-sell other credit union products and services that would benefit the members current needs. Actively participate in Credit Union incentives.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's image is favorable and clean, reflecting a sound and secure financial institution; practice sound housekeeping procedures, safety measures, and provide a pleasant atmosphere for members and co-workers, including privacy, confidentiality and ease of use.
- Ensure that OFAC, currency reporting, Red Flag and suspicious activity reports are done promptly and correctly.
- Maintain cleanliness and security of work area and equipment including protecting the confidentiality of member information.
- Protect the confidentiality of member information. Financial transactions are confidential and private. With account access, employees are to handle member information responsibly and confidentially.
- To ensure the safety and security of all employees, employees must follow all security policies and procedures at all times. Security is the responsibility of all employees.
- Seek training opportunities to develop or enhance through training, conferences, reading etc. Willingly participate in and attend educational functions and meetings as requested by management.
- Ensure compliance with all governing regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act requirements.
Loan and Member Service Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Open new membership accounts; perform member account maintenance including opening additional shares, certificates of deposit and services opened after established membership.
- Process additional account maintenance including but not limited to; adding/changing authorized account users, address changes, check reorders, renewing certificates of deposit and subsequent actions.
- Open, monitor access and close Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Perform notary duties.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the CU lending policy, interest rates and terms; be able to discuss various loan alternatives with members, including payment plans with all eligible insurance coverage(s), terms and collateral needs.
- Provide general lending information to members; process loan applications, interview members, enter clear notes into Symitar and refer loan applications to an underwriter based on criteria set forth in the CU lending policies. Close all types of consumer loans.
- Sell and steal loans; accept in person, telephone, process Account Cross Sell Referrals. Refer 1st and 2nd Mortgage product steals/cross sells to a Mortgage Sales Advisor.
- Aggressively promotes and sells CUNA Mutual Lender Development Program to PFCU members. Responsible for promoting Credit Life and Credit Disability Protection sales to PFCU members. Certified in Credit Life and Credit Disability.
- Use necessary formats to effectively communicate with members and coworkers. Promptly respond to all forms of communication including emails and voicemails.
- Perform duties as needed at any PFCU location.
- Maintain proper knowledge regarding security policy and all procedures for Branch.
- Seek training opportunities to develop or enhance knowledge through training, conference, reading and etcetera. Willingly participate in and attend educational functions and meetings as requested by management.
- Ensure the Branch is in compliance with federal laws and regulations set forth by the NCUA and other regulatory agencies that are applicable to transactions performed in the Branch, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act
Physical Requirements to This Position:
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
- High School Graduate or equivalent; two years' experience preferred.
Skills / Abilities:
- Skills and Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months.
- Understanding of the Credit Union operations, products, lending policies and procedures.
- Punctual, self-motivated, confident and accurate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure; able to make decisions and recommendations.
- Professional attitude; supportive of management.
- Neat and professional in appearance and dress.
- Ability to create good word of mouth; proven ability to effectively refer products and services.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously with proficient follow up skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, computer and telephone.
- Good typing skills.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other management as required. PFCU reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.